Monday, September 7, 2009

Bonus Mini-Blog 4

"It's time to leave this town, it's time to steal away."


So I bought a lot of stuff on this trip. Maybe too much stuff. I had to buy a new bag strictly for souvenirs, which is completely stuffed and bulging, along with my original suitcase, which is massive and still going to be over the weight limit. That'll be a fee of about $25 for the fatty suitcase, $100 for the extra checked bag, and probably around $50 tax for what I'm bringing into America from Japan. But that's the price I pay for my friends. They'd better appreciate it, goddamnit.

All this, and I still have a massive pile of things I can't fit into my suitcase which goes as follows:


  • laundry basket
  • red scarf (my original belt from my first day here after the bastards at the airport confiscated my badass one)
  • 20 hangers
  • wall clock
  • pink stuffed animal from crane machine
  • 2 books
  • unopened package of printer paper (don't ask)
  • about ¥500 in change
  • cup o noodle
  • 2 books
  • traditional Japanese sandals
  • belt
  • large bag of rice
  • stack of blank note cards
  • pair of black kitten heels 
  • half a bottle of laundry detergent
  • hair dryer (it had to be done--it just wouldn't fit [that's what she said] )
  • bottle of perfume
  • black sweatshirt
  • pair of scissors
  • container full of tacks
  • collapsible umbrella
  • weird yukata that was a gift from Rory's homestay family...periwinkle doesn't suit me
  • Subway membership card
  • Tully's membership card


That's not a lot, really...I'm sure somebody will just be rarin' to take it all to their room and give it a nice home...

3 comments:

  1. you a-hole you threw away my claw toy?! Just playin. I couldn't fit a bunch of my claw toys either :0(
    -Ichiro san

    ReplyDelete
  2. That seems kinda' cheap for extra baggage. I was worried it would be more, yeh? There was some page on the United Airlines page that said something about $200 extra for over-sized baggage or something. Hope everything goes well for you bringing your loot back to the states, yeh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy shit~

    Hopefully, you managed to get all the essentials from over there.

    Also, I'm sure everyone will appreciate anything you brought over for them. I'd love a hard copy of your blog someday. Reading this has been very eye-opening, entertaining, and inspiring beyond belief. Thank you so much for sharing it with us. ^^

    ReplyDelete

Speak your mind.