Thursday, August 6, 2009

bonus mini-blog

"There's nothing wrong with me
There's something wrong with you

Don't eat the fish."



Masa and Neil and I went to the ASA grocery store below the Livin department store to get cheap food. I handed the old lady behind the counter my chicken skewers, half-off after 8pm, and smiled as she rang up my purchase.
"fhowairuhgbhjlsbfdhjgoajkdesu ka?" she asked. I half-smiled and laughed. She blinked at me through big bubble-glasses and awaited my reply with smile full of crooked teeth.
"Yeah, all three of us." She gave me a bizarre, sort of taken aback look, smiled politely, and handed me my chicken and change.

"Did you hear what she asked you?" Masa asked. I opened the bento and started gnawing on a piece of chicken.
"No idea. 'Nod and smile and make up an answer' is my philosophy."
"She asked you which one of us you were a couple with." I blinked at Masa, then at Neil, who was holding a big, green, sustainable shopping bag. "I think you scared her."
"...Oh." I resumed gnawing on my chicken and turned to wink at the old lady behind the counter before ascending the escalator to the ground floor.

3 comments:

  1. LOL. Its all good, I am also confused half the time at the grocery store checkout. Especially if they ask me if I need dry ice for my ice cream. XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carefull about agreeing with everything- you'll end up
    singing naked karaoke on some Saudi cruise ship.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha ohmaigaaa yes.

    ReplyDelete

Speak your mind.