Friday, August 28, 2009

Bonus Mini Blog 3

"Put your milk in my cocoa puff. Milky milky cocoa puff."


So this isn't really worthy of a blog, particularly, but I feel it is definitely worth acknowledging.

Diana was visiting from Kobe for a few weeks, and was staying at a hotel in Asakusa. One night, we were planning on going back to her hotel and doing nothing, except for watching clips of funny cats doing wacky things. Asakusa is a small, narrow neighborhood lined with vendors for tourists, and once the sun goes down, the shops all close leaving the area stark and eerie. The creepy streets are lined with mini-marts, and Diana and I stopped into one of them. The walls are stacked with tons of different juice boxes, all illuminated beneath the buzzing flourescent lights of the refridgeration system. I'm always excited to try a weird new drink. Last time it was some kind of milky grape. This time, I spotted a weird little carton, covered in cartoon zoo animals. I couldn't read what it said, so I bought it and we skipped off to Diana's hotel room. Upon sitting down upon her big, pre-made bed, I asked her to take a closer look at the label. She gave me a look of shock and amusement as she explained to me that she was 90% sure that it was breast milk.
"SWEET!" I said as I busted out my straw and prepared to down it. It didn't really occur to me that I should maybe be questioning whose breasts all this cartoned milk had come from, but I took a swig anyway. I had to stifle the urge to vomit as I was hit with a wave of flavor that was milky, sour, fruity, and just all around wrong.
I still don't know whose breasts this milk came from, but whomever it was needs a serious check up. My memory of being breast fed is admittedly foggy at best, but I would have remembered had it tasted like that. I dumped it down the sink and shoved some dango into my face. A word to the wise--if you come to Japan, try the udon, the ramen, the tonkatsu....but stay the fuck away from the breast milk.

Sorry the real blog is below.

3 comments:

  1. congratulations dude

    you now have the most undelicious HIV ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMFG EPIC

    btw that was Lara's breast milk and I can confirm that she is, indeed, HIV positive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one of the most disgusting things I ever read. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Speak your mind.